Monday, March 5, 2012

Distinct Designers - Miracle Eye Clothing Grand Opening!

The majority of my daily readers may now by now that I am the founder, designer, and owner of a brand called Miracle Eye, www.shopmiracleeye.com. All the items are handmade by my mom at home and designed by yours truly. I founded Miracle Eye in September 2011 after many years of selling on eBay and acquiring CSS knowledge through tutorials and forums. I am proud to say that Miracle Eye has its first new stockist! Distinct Designers is located in West Los Angeles, California. They stock several independent designer's pieces that are all handmade! We are all so different, so there's no competition-feeling there. It's more like a family, we want each other to succeed. We spread the word about each other. I can firmly say that I have reached the pinnacle of thus career!!!!!!! The boutique also features a mannequin in the front window styled by me in full Miracle Eye clothing! Crop top, chiffon skirt, necklace, and sunglasses. After weeks of preparing for the opening, stressing out till I had panic attacks, crying, laughing, staying up until 3 in the morning and waking up at 7 followed by long naps all day in school that only confirmed me that high school really does suck, and being comforted by Byron, the grand opening was Friday March 2nd! Thank you SO much to my friends that came even if it was a one hour drive filled with traffic, thank you thank you THANK YOU. To a few of my readers and several customers who came by, THANK YOU. I can't express how much it means to me. Ugh, anyways, here are several of my favorite photos from the night. You may see the rest on Miracle Eye's Facebook page here


Lastly, thank you mom and dad. I don't know how to ever repay you. I have the most incredible parents one could ever ask for. Thank you for the endless support and thank you for believing in me and my ridiculous dreams.

But like I've said before, never question a teen's ambition. Look at Tavi, with RookieMag! It reminds me that anything truly is possible. Everything is infinite as Ms. Zeva always ends her posts with.

If you are ever in the Los Angeles area, please stop by! Take a look! All the designers are so talented, it'll be hard to leave empty handed. PS outfit post coming in the next day or so.. Stay tuned!



10 comments:

lizz said...

so fucking awesome! my dad is moving to la this summer, maybe when i visit i'll try to stop by!

Liana said...

that is sooo amazing, congrats on the venture! your shop has some killer things, definitely will have to buy something when i get some money! you rock :)

CRYSTAL HEARTS VINTAGE

Willem Horck said...

You are truly so talented and amazing Larissa! I love all your design because they're so unique which is hard to come by these days! Hope everything goes well for you in the future because you deserve it :-) xxx

Magnet said...

Dude, that is soo freaking awesome!! you look so young and cute with your parents naaw, and I love your outfit, it looks adorable, congratulations :) I almost feel like a proud older sister haha.

E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

Congratulations Larissa ! Awesome ! I'd LOVE to visit you and check the store !

hanna said...

It looks ridiculously awesome! I'll definitely visit the shop the next time I'm in LA!

Victoria said...

congrats girl, what an accomplishment!

Dominique Nghiem said...

THIS IS INCREDIBLE~!! CONGRATS BABE YOURE SUCH AN INSPIRATION! IMMA DROP BY SOMETIME <3

xxxx

Laura Morrigan said...

wow! this is so awesome! you deserve it! I would love to live in LA one day, I am sure you will have a whole CHAIN of stores by then!